Asbestos is extremely dangerous when tiny fibres are inhaled. The fibres can lodge in your lungs and eventually cause disease. But, if it is in solid and good condition then the asbestos is not dangerous.
If you are exposed to damaged asbestos it can cause three main disease:
If you have an asbestos complaint or have urgent enquiries please call 13 74 68
General enquiries regarding asbestos safety, licensing, removal and disposal can be made through the asbestos online contact form which is available at www.deir.qld.gov.au